One of the upsides to Amazing Race challenges being super-lame lately is that the dramatic pans from the challenge to the “silent local character holding the next clue” have seemed much more hilarious than usual. I can’t stop thinking about the native-to-Dubai polar bear who had to wait around during the Find/Build a Snowman Detour on last night’s show. His startled expression contrasted so beautifully with his immobility and Mt. Tedium’s near-total lack of suspense. Look at his baby blue scarf! Does anyone else have almost too-fond memories of this guy? Or which other international oddities have made an impression on you during Amazing Race? I smell a Colorful Local Characters EW.com photo gallery! (Not really.)
Dubai polar bear: Best 'Amazing Race' clue keeper ever?
- Justin Lin's in as 'Star Trek 3' director
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Joe Cocker dies: Celeb tributes on Twitter
- Theater group seeks to show 'The Interview'
- 'Jessica Jones': Mike Colter in as Luke Cage
- George R.R. Martin: I'll show 'The Interview'
- Bill Cosby accused of another assault in '70s
- JibJab tweaks 2014 in new year-in-review clip
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Hedwig' tune in NYC
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks