One of the upsides to Amazing Race challenges being super-lame lately is that the dramatic pans from the challenge to the “silent local character holding the next clue” have seemed much more hilarious than usual. I can’t stop thinking about the native-to-Dubai polar bear who had to wait around during the Find/Build a Snowman Detour on last night’s show. His startled expression contrasted so beautifully with his immobility and Mt. Tedium’s near-total lack of suspense. Look at his baby blue scarf! Does anyone else have almost too-fond memories of this guy? Or which other international oddities have made an impression on you during Amazing Race? I smell a Colorful Local Characters EW.com photo gallery! (Not really.)
Dubai polar bear: Best 'Amazing Race' clue keeper ever?
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- Latinos at movies: 5 key research findings
- Toronto Film Festival lineup announced
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Little Big Man' author dies at 89
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online
- 'Fargo,' 'Louie' renewed by FX