Now that you’ve voted on your favorite summer reality show, let’s talk about scripted TV. Yes, that does exist in the summer, but you’ll have to venture into cable to find it. There’s the Jeffrey Donovan-led Burn Notice on USA (returning June 4); Kyra Sedgwick in TNT’s The Closer (June 8); HBO’s vampire saga True Blood (June 14); Showtime’s venerable comic-drama Weeds (June 8) and, finally, AMC’s Mad Men, a.k.a. pretty much the best show on television. But AMC is making us wait until August this time around. Boo. Anyhow, that’s a not-too-shabby list. Which of these is your favorite in the summery months, PopWatchers? Hit up the poll to let us know, and feel free to explain yourself in the comments.
Must List poll: What is the Must scripted TV show of the summer?
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- Benedict Cumberbatch apology for remark
- Blink-182: Tom DeLonge's 'been exposed'
- John Legend, Common to perform at Oscars
- David Tennant cast as 'Jessica Jones' villain
- Emma Watson as 'Beauty and the Beast' Belle
- 'Chicago P.D.' role for 'Shameless' alum
- Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' = Tom Petty cash
- 'Rush Hour,' 2 more pilots ordered by CBS
- Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo in ABC pilot
- Dropkick Murphys vote no on pol using song
- Cosby accused by ex-film exec Cindra Ladd