It sure is kind of Robert Downey Jr. to give us Sherlock Holmes in between the Iron Man movies. And if the new Holmes trailer is any indication, this movie (which costars Jude Law and Rachel McAdams, and is directed by Guy Ritchie) is definitely not going to suck. Downey appears to add just the right amount of smart ass to the Holmes character — though a seemingly different kind than that which he lent to Iron Man‘s Tony Stark. We’ve already learned that, in the film, Holmes fights a Satanist, trades banter with a dashing Watson, and is foiled by McAdams’ Irene Adler. Now we get to see it in action. And we like what we see! Take a look below and let us know your thoughts, PopWatchers? Are you already prepared to camp out for tickets to the Christmas release?
May 19 2009 12:40 AM ET
'Sherlock Holmes' trailer: Hey, it's Tony Stark with a pipe! Elementary!
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'
- Lea Michele's first book in spring 2014
- 'Modern Family': It's a Sunshine State day
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer