Or should we say, Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas? Yes, the often cranky, always delightful Charles Grodin turns 74 today. And we wouldn’t want to let the day pass without at least one video tribute. We thought long and hard about dusting off a clip from Beethoven’s 2nd, or the pint-sized Martin Short epic Clifford. But in the end, we went (as we always do) with a choice scene from 1988’s buddy-film classic, Midnight Run. Watch and be convinced of the fact that Robert De Niro never had a better costar than the cartoonish curmudgeon who’s our birthday boy of the day. Enjoy! Although be warned, there’s some spicy language, so just to be safe (NSFW)…
Happy Birthday Charles Grodin!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': Top $$ of '14
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'Big Brother': 'Team America voted me out'
- Big Brother': 4 Q's for Julie Chen
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?