Or should we say, Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas? Yes, the often cranky, always delightful Charles Grodin turns 74 today. And we wouldn’t want to let the day pass without at least one video tribute. We thought long and hard about dusting off a clip from Beethoven’s 2nd, or the pint-sized Martin Short epic Clifford. But in the end, we went (as we always do) with a choice scene from 1988′s buddy-film classic, Midnight Run. Watch and be convinced of the fact that Robert De Niro never had a better costar than the cartoonish curmudgeon who’s our birthday boy of the day. Enjoy! Although be warned, there’s some spicy language, so just to be safe (NSFW)…
Happy Birthday Charles Grodin!
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1' takes in $55M on Friday
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- Xmas TV movie weekend: What's on when
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Justified' (Jan. 20), more FX premiere dates
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'