Or should we say, Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas? Yes, the often cranky, always delightful Charles Grodin turns 74 today. And we wouldn’t want to let the day pass without at least one video tribute. We thought long and hard about dusting off a clip from Beethoven’s 2nd, or the pint-sized Martin Short epic Clifford. But in the end, we went (as we always do) with a choice scene from 1988’s buddy-film classic, Midnight Run. Watch and be convinced of the fact that Robert De Niro never had a better costar than the cartoonish curmudgeon who’s our birthday boy of the day. Enjoy! Although be warned, there’s some spicy language, so just to be safe (NSFW)…
Happy Birthday Charles Grodin!
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- Bill Hader to host 'SNL' on Oct. 11
- Matt Smith + Jane Austen + zombies
- 'Paranormal Activity 5' retitled, moves to '15
- 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' on Vimeo
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis in 'Agent Carter'
- 'Destiny': $325M in sales in five days
- Yeardley Smith in 'Mindy Project' guest role
- 'New Girl' returns sexier, but loses viewers
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'