Or should we say, Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas? Yes, the often cranky, always delightful Charles Grodin turns 74 today. And we wouldn’t want to let the day pass without at least one video tribute. We thought long and hard about dusting off a clip from Beethoven’s 2nd, or the pint-sized Martin Short epic Clifford. But in the end, we went (as we always do) with a choice scene from 1988′s buddy-film classic, Midnight Run. Watch and be convinced of the fact that Robert De Niro never had a better costar than the cartoonish curmudgeon who’s our birthday boy of the day. Enjoy! Although be warned, there’s some spicy language, so just to be safe (NSFW)…
Happy Birthday Charles Grodin!
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' prize
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian?
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- Peter Jackson on bringing the 'Hobbit' villain Smaug to life: 'He's the Hannibal Lecter of the dragon world.'