Or should we say, Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas? Yes, the often cranky, always delightful Charles Grodin turns 74 today. And we wouldn’t want to let the day pass without at least one video tribute. We thought long and hard about dusting off a clip from Beethoven’s 2nd, or the pint-sized Martin Short epic Clifford. But in the end, we went (as we always do) with a choice scene from 1988’s buddy-film classic, Midnight Run. Watch and be convinced of the fact that Robert De Niro never had a better costar than the cartoonish curmudgeon who’s our birthday boy of the day. Enjoy! Although be warned, there’s some spicy language, so just to be safe (NSFW)…
Happy Birthday Charles Grodin!
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'