Usually, I can’t stand precocious children in movies or sitcoms. You know, the ones that pop into a scene and obnoxiously deliver a line that’s unnaturally funny for a child their age. (I’m looking at you, any child to ever appear in a CBS sitcom!) But I turned a new leaf last night during the young Bobb’e J. Thompson’s cameo on 30 Rock as Tracy Jr. (brother to George Foreman). Now, I loved the kid during Role Models — he practically stole the entire movie — but his hysterical blink-and-you-missed-it appearance on last night’s show proved he’s the funniest kid to break out in Hollywood since Spanky McFarland. Seriously, Thompson held his own against Alec Baldwin! And he looks great in a suit! Even though Thompson has some movies lined up, I’m a selfish person: I want to see the kid nab his own TV show so he can grace my TV screen each week. Who’s with me? Who thinks Thompson deserves his own series?
Mar 20 2009 04:00 PM ET
Bobb'e J. Thompson: Give this kid his own show!
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single
- Jeanne Cooper tribute: First Look photo
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16