Usually, I can’t stand precocious children in movies or sitcoms. You know, the ones that pop into a scene and obnoxiously deliver a line that’s unnaturally funny for a child their age. (I’m looking at you, any child to ever appear in a CBS sitcom!) But I turned a new leaf last night during the young Bobb’e J. Thompson’s cameo on 30 Rock as Tracy Jr. (brother to George Foreman). Now, I loved the kid during Role Models — he practically stole the entire movie — but his hysterical blink-and-you-missed-it appearance on last night’s show proved he’s the funniest kid to break out in Hollywood since Spanky McFarland. Seriously, Thompson held his own against Alec Baldwin! And he looks great in a suit! Even though Thompson has some movies lined up, I’m a selfish person: I want to see the kid nab his own TV show so he can grace my TV screen each week. Who’s with me? Who thinks Thompson deserves his own series?
Bobb'e J. Thompson: Give this kid his own show!
- 'Mary Poppins': Karen Dotrice on being 'Jane Banks'
- 'Hit List' on N.Y. stage: It's a 'Smash'!
- NBC plans for a live musical in '14
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff on Tara haters
- Tonys opener: How they did it (Best of 2013)
- 'The Voice' recap: Sleepy semifinal
- 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills': War of words
- 'Sing-Off' returns: First notes on 10 groups
Top 5 Most Read
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 15 Blasts From the Past in '13: Winners/Losers
- 'The Voice' top 5 tease song choices for tonight's live performances