Is there anything better than settling into your seat in an old movie theater — whether that theater’s a traditional palace or more like a barn on the side of a country road? The answer is no, which is why you need to know about Cinema Treasures. The site, founded in 2000, seeks to catalogue, preserve, and save these official (and unofficial) local landmarks. Among the search categories: status (open, closed, renovating, demolished), style (art deco, art moderne, art nouveau, baroque, Beaux-Arts, Cinerama), and location (USA, England, Australia, Canada, New Zealand). Just want to see pretty pictures? Browse through 1,500 of them. Don’t see your favorite cinema treasure? Add it.
Site of the Day: Cinema Treasures
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser next week
- 'Simpsons World' app, website go live
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- S Club 7 to reunite for BBC charity gig
- Matthew McConaughey saluted at L.A. gala
- 'Breaking Bad' dolls nixed by Toys 'R' Us
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX