Is there anything better than settling into your seat in an old movie theater — whether that theater’s a traditional palace or more like a barn on the side of a country road? The answer is no, which is why you need to know about Cinema Treasures. The site, founded in 2000, seeks to catalogue, preserve, and save these official (and unofficial) local landmarks. Among the search categories: status (open, closed, renovating, demolished), style (art deco, art moderne, art nouveau, baroque, Beaux-Arts, Cinerama), and location (USA, England, Australia, Canada, New Zealand). Just want to see pretty pictures? Browse through 1,500 of them. Don’t see your favorite cinema treasure? Add it.
Site of the Day: Cinema Treasures
- Mark Feuerstein joins 'Nurse Jackie'
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' designers are...
- 'Facts of Life' cast reunites at PaleyFest
- Cheech on hand for Chong's 'DWTS' debut
- Matt Damon 'Bourne' again? Buzz he's in talks
- 'MasterChef' season 5 winner is...
- Apple website helps delete U2's 'gift'
- 'Flash' back: Amanda Pays in as Tina McGee