An obvious patron of the cineplex lists seven examples (along with appropriate clips) of movie trailers that exceed the very films they’re trying to sell. He even provides a handy “Trailer Goodness to Movie Badness Ratio” for each: Pineapple Express (pictured) earns a 20-1 (“possibly the greatest trailer of the year,” he writes), but it’s not the worst offender. I know that a skillful editor can make you want to watch any movie, but I am still scarred by the wicked deceit of the expertly cut teasers for Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace — I’d give it a TGTMBR of 1,000-1. What trailers — recent or old — have burned you?
Dec 8 2008 04:19 PM ET
Site of the Day: Seven Trailers in 2008 that Were Way, Way Better than the Actual Movie
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One