An obvious patron of the cineplex lists seven examples (along with appropriate clips) of movie trailers that exceed the very films they’re trying to sell. He even provides a handy “Trailer Goodness to Movie Badness Ratio” for each: Pineapple Express (pictured) earns a 20-1 (“possibly the greatest trailer of the year,” he writes), but it’s not the worst offender. I know that a skillful editor can make you want to watch any movie, but I am still scarred by the wicked deceit of the expertly cut teasers for Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace — I’d give it a TGTMBR of 1,000-1. What trailers — recent or old — have burned you?
Dec 8 2008 04:19 PM ET
Site of the Day: Seven Trailers in 2008 that Were Way, Way Better than the Actual Movie
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!