"There’s no way on earth we’re gonna get outta here tonight. We’dhave more luck playing Pick-Up Sticks with our butt cheeks than we willgetting a flight out of here before daybreak." — Del Griffin (John Candy) in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. (Fast-forward to 0:37 in the embedded clip to watch the late, great Candy in action. PS: Shouldn’t this movie be shown on a 24-hour loop every Thanksgiving holiday, a la A Christmas Story? It’s an underrated holiday classic.)
Popwatch Quote of the Day: Thanksgiving Travel Hell edition
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'The Following' to get new showrunners
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.