Am I the only one whose bizarre mind immediately jumps to the 1994 daddy/daughter "comedy" My Father the Hero whenever she hears Katherine Heigl’s name? The Gerard Depardieu-on-Bahamian-vacation vehicle is one of those horrible movies I can’t help watching whenever it’s on basic cable, which is always. I recall being utterly horrified by her white one-piece thong bathing suit in the film, as I apparently took My Father the Hero so seriously that I thought this was the type of swimwear I should be sporting at 14 as well. By no means was I mentally, emotionally, and most of all physically ready to do this. Little did I know, all that worry was unnecessary…to this day, I’ve never seen anyone wear this s*** in public. Anyway. Happy birthday!
Happy 30th birthday, Katherine Heigl! Nice thong
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'The Following' to get new showrunners
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.