Some bad news for all you gamers out there who were hoping that Sony would soon drop the price on its $399.99 PlayStation 3 game console: an official for the slumping electronics giant stated that there are no price cuts planned this year. "We have a business to run, and we have to make sure we’re doing the right thing for the shareholders as well," said the managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment’s UK division. Okay, I know Sony is still losing money on each PS3 they sell (such losses are always expected early in a console’s life cycle) — but I’d be worried about losing even more market share to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii. Especially as they have some pretty terrific titles PS3-exclusive titles like LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4 and the upcoming Resistance 2. What say you, dear readers: Was anybody out there planning on buying a PS3 this year? And how will this news affect your potential purchase?
PlayStation 3: No price drop this holiday season
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
- Chris Brown to remain in custody
- 'Best Week Ever' canceled by VH1 (again)
- Jodie Foster marries Alexandra Hedison
- William Hurt exits 'Midnight Rider'
- 'Bachelorette' contestant Eric Hill dies
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Ruffalo's pics
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': First pic from set