Some bad news for all you gamers out there who were hoping that Sony would soon drop the price on its $399.99 PlayStation 3 game console: an official for the slumping electronics giant stated that there are no price cuts planned this year. "We have a business to run, and we have to make sure we’re doing the right thing for the shareholders as well," said the managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment’s UK division. Okay, I know Sony is still losing money on each PS3 they sell (such losses are always expected early in a console’s life cycle) — but I’d be worried about losing even more market share to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii. Especially as they have some pretty terrific titles PS3-exclusive titles like LittleBigPlanet and Metal Gear Solid 4 and the upcoming Resistance 2. What say you, dear readers: Was anybody out there planning on buying a PS3 this year? And how will this news affect your potential purchase?
PlayStation 3: No price drop this holiday season
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks