Looks like I’m not the only one thinking of Peanuts today. Watching Charlie Brown glumly take inventory of his petrified treats used to make me laugh when I was a kid. Now I see his quiet resignation as something rather heroic: the profound but terribly sad acceptance that some people are just destined to a life in which they…I dunno…get rocks instead of candy…..[long silence]….So, um, how about them awesome Phillies?
Clip du jour: "I got a rock"
- 'Lost' alum to visit 'Hawaii Five-0'
- 'Ken Jeong Made Me Do It': MTV pilot
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- Latinos at movies: 5 key research findings
- Toronto Film Festival lineup announced
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online