Remember when MTV actually aired music videos? Way back in the late ’50s, if I recall correctly. Well, those clips seem to have found a new home on mtvmusic.com. I’m not sure if every video that MTV ever aired can be found here — but it sure seems that way. Okay, I couldn’t find The Art of Noise’s hilariously disturbing "Close (to the Edit)" — and I was unable to get the Replacement’s minimalist masterpiece "Bastards of Young" to properly load. But they did have Aphex Twin’s "Come to Daddy" (below) — a twistedly brilliant clip perhaps best viewed on your home computer, with the lights out and your speakers rattling at maximum volume. Update: It seems that this clip has problems loading, too. Let’s try Radiohead’s "Just." Okay, so I’ve shared some of my favorite videos — now let’s hear some of yours (and add links if you can find them on this site).
Site of the Day: MTV Music (and: What are your favorite music videos?)
- HBO GO problems hit 'True Detective'
- Elisabeth Moss: Shirtless/revealing talk
- Zac Efron open to 'H.S. Musical' return
- 'Bachelor' fans versed in divorce: Study
- '300' sequel is No. 1 movie: $45M
- '12 Years' writer on Oscar speech buzz
- MTV Generation Award to Mark Wahlberg
- Fox renews 'Mindy,' 'New Girl,' 2 more