George Lucas (pictured), who insists on a constant entourage of Stormtroopers, accepted a lifetime award in Los Angeles on Saturday during the taping of Spike TV’s 2008 Scream Awards, which the net will air tonight from 9-11 p.m. The Screams, which began three years ago as a general horror roundup, have expanded to include comic book and fantasy films, enabling Christopher Nolan and The Dark Knight to naturally share a stage with Hellboy creator Mike Mignola (notes L.A. Times writer Geoff Boucher). Basically, think of the Screams as the awards show for movies everyone sees. If you can’t fit the show in this evening thanks to your ultimate Tuesday night roster of Privileged and Eli Stone (kidding!), you can check out the winners list (including Most Memorable Mutilation), here.
Oct 21 2008 11:02 AM ET
Scream Awards 2008: The anti-Oscars
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review