The live season 2 finale of America’s Best Dance Crew airs tonight at 10 p.m. ET on MTV, and to get in the mood, PopWatch-style, we asked judge (and You Got Served co-choreographer) Shane Sparks to name his Top 5 Guilty Pleasure Dance Songs.
How does your list compare?
1. "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice Oh my God! That song was so wacko but so good. That sample they used in that song is so sexy you can’t help but bob your head to it. It’s funny — as much as I hated the song, I loved it.
2. "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot That song used to make me go crazy. And when I was living in Cincinnati, everybody did booty dancing to it, so every time I hear it, I think about that. That song has some beautiful memories…
3. "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston The reason I picked Sean Kingston is because when I first heard it, I thought it was a joke… but then it was playing everyday, all day, so it grew on me. Even though I don’t care for the song, I can’t help but groove to it. It just has this good feel to it, and you can’t help but move when something makes you feel like that.
4. "Love in this Club Part II" by Usher (featuring Beyoncé and Lil Wayne) I’ll admit at first, I didn’t like this song either! I used to tell people I really didn’t care for it, and they thought I was crazy. But when he came with the remix with Beyoncé, I was like, thank you, Usher, and now I love it.
5. "Low" by Flo Rida (featuring T-Pain) I had Flo Rida’s album a month before it came out… I killed that song — every day in my dance class I played it. At first, everyone was like, this is the JAM, but after about three months of me playing it, people were tired of it. But I still played it, and one day a student said, "You’re never gonna let this song die, huh?" I was like, "Nope!" So now when it comes on, when nobody is around, I dance to it in my own little private world.
addCredit(“Shane Sparks; Copyright Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved”)