I’ve never been a big fan of filmmaker Harmony Korine and his shock-the-bourgeoisie freakshows (Kids, Gummo, Julien Donkey-Boy), and I’m not sure Mister Lonely (due May 2) is going to change my mind. It’s about a group of celebrity impersonators who form a commune of sorts in a Scottish castle. But I’m certainly intrigued by the unlikely cast, which includes Y Tu Mamá También‘s Diego Luna (pictured) as the group’s Michael Jackson, Samantha Morton as its Marilyn Monroe, plus such other walking indie oddities as Werner Herzog, David Blaine, and Anita Pallenberg. (All that’s missing is Dieter from Sprockets.) Plus, the trailer makes the film look like it actually has a plot, albeit of the sentimental, lovable-misfits, King of Hearts variety. I’m curious enough to check this out. You?
Trailer Blazer: 'Mister Lonely'
- 'Scandal': Highest-rated season finale
- Kim Novak stands up to Oscar 'bullies'
- 'Midnight Rider' crew boycott urged
- Miley Cyrus postpones 2 weekend shows
- Lindsay Lohan: 'Sex list' is real,' but...
- Bryan Singer sex abuse claim: Fox says...
- James Franco vs. N.Y. Times reviewer
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out