I’ve never been a big fan of filmmaker Harmony Korine and his shock-the-bourgeoisie freakshows (Kids, Gummo, Julien Donkey-Boy), and I’m not sure Mister Lonely (due May 2) is going to change my mind. It’s about a group of celebrity impersonators who form a commune of sorts in a Scottish castle. But I’m certainly intrigued by the unlikely cast, which includes Y Tu Mamá También‘s Diego Luna (pictured) as the group’s Michael Jackson, Samantha Morton as its Marilyn Monroe, plus such other walking indie oddities as Werner Herzog, David Blaine, and Anita Pallenberg. (All that’s missing is Dieter from Sprockets.) Plus, the trailer makes the film look like it actually has a plot, albeit of the sentimental, lovable-misfits, King of Hearts variety. I’m curious enough to check this out. You?
Trailer Blazer: 'Mister Lonely'
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016