I’ve never been a big fan of filmmaker Harmony Korine and his shock-the-bourgeoisie freakshows (Kids, Gummo, Julien Donkey-Boy), and I’m not sure Mister Lonely (due May 2) is going to change my mind. It’s about a group of celebrity impersonators who form a commune of sorts in a Scottish castle. But I’m certainly intrigued by the unlikely cast, which includes Y Tu Mamá También‘s Diego Luna (pictured) as the group’s Michael Jackson, Samantha Morton as its Marilyn Monroe, plus such other walking indie oddities as Werner Herzog, David Blaine, and Anita Pallenberg. (All that’s missing is Dieter from Sprockets.) Plus, the trailer makes the film look like it actually has a plot, albeit of the sentimental, lovable-misfits, King of Hearts variety. I’m curious enough to check this out. You?
Trailer Blazer: 'Mister Lonely'
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis: It's a boy
- 'Best Week Ever' canceled by VH1 (again)
- William Hurt exits 'Midnight Rider'
- 'Bachelorette' contestant Eric Hill dies
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Ruffalo's pics
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': First pic from set