I’ve never been a big fan of filmmaker Harmony Korine and his shock-the-bourgeoisie freakshows (Kids, Gummo, Julien Donkey-Boy), and I’m not sure Mister Lonely (due May 2) is going to change my mind. It’s about a group of celebrity impersonators who form a commune of sorts in a Scottish castle. But I’m certainly intrigued by the unlikely cast, which includes Y Tu Mamá También‘s Diego Luna (pictured) as the group’s Michael Jackson, Samantha Morton as its Marilyn Monroe, plus such other walking indie oddities as Werner Herzog, David Blaine, and Anita Pallenberg. (All that’s missing is Dieter from Sprockets.) Plus, the trailer makes the film look like it actually has a plot, albeit of the sentimental, lovable-misfits, King of Hearts variety. I’m curious enough to check this out. You?
Trailer Blazer: 'Mister Lonely'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 'White Collar' series finale: How it ended
- Kate Upton is People 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks