Good news for those folks (including me) rooting for "Falling Slowly" from Once to win the Best Song Oscar: in the dispute over the song’s eligibility, the Academy has ruled in its favor. There was some confusion over whether the song was actually conceived for the film, since stars Glen Hansard (pictured) and Markéta Irglová both released versions of it on disc before the movie came out. Nonetheless the Academy has determined that the song was indeed composed for the movie, which was in the works before the recordings were released. Bottom line: the song won’t be disqualified, like so much other good movie music that didn’t make the cut this year.
'Falling Slowly' is still eligible for a Best Song Oscar. Whew!
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7