Good news for those folks (including me) rooting for "Falling Slowly" from Once to win the Best Song Oscar: in the dispute over the song’s eligibility, the Academy has ruled in its favor. There was some confusion over whether the song was actually conceived for the film, since stars Glen Hansard (pictured) and Markéta Irglová both released versions of it on disc before the movie came out. Nonetheless the Academy has determined that the song was indeed composed for the movie, which was in the works before the recordings were released. Bottom line: the song won’t be disqualified, like so much other good movie music that didn’t make the cut this year.
'Falling Slowly' is still eligible for a Best Song Oscar. Whew!
- 'American Idol' singer going home is...
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, author, dies at 87
- Bryan Singer's accuser: I reported abuse
- Miley Cyrus tweets about her health
- Columbus Short accused of threat to wife
- James Franco vs. N.Y. Times reviewer
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out
- Jack Gleeson react to 'Thrones' twist: Pic