In honor of both The Bucket List, the new movie starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman (pictured) as terminally-ill road-trippers, and the fact that there’s very little to write about between Christmas and New Year’s, we ask you: What do you want to see, hear, read, or experience before you kick it? Feel free to dream big like my friend Sheila, who just said "I wanna see David Beckham’s naked body on my bed before I die. That, my friends, is entertainment." Or, make your to-dos somewhat realistic, like those that at the start of my much-abbreviated list:
• Attend a concert at the Hollywood Bowl in LA.
• Listen to Steve Martin’s comedy albums.
• See a Montgomery Clift movie on the big screen. Preferably Red River at a drive-in.
• Introduce a daughter or a niece to Buffy the Vampire the Slayer — and watch her "get it." Ditto for NewsRadio.
• Randomly meet Michael Bublé at a karaoke bar when I’m drunk enough to suggest that we duet — and he’s far enough gone to do it.
• Stand behind Tim McGraw.
• Track down whoever was going to write My Best Friend’s Divorce, the sequel to My Best Friend’s Wedding, and find out what would have happened.
• Read Katie Holmes’ autobiography.
addCredit(“Bucket List: Sidney Baldwin”)