The incomparable Jodie Foster turns 45 today, and in honor of the big event, I’m going to make a confession: I’ve never been as excited by a movie trailer as I was for her 1997 sci-fi drama Contact (below). (Also, it ranks among my five favorite movies of all time.) Mock me if you must — all my friends certainly like to — or take a more positive approach and give Foster some birthday love. As Jame Gumb might say, "It places the birthday wishes in the comments section. It does this whenever it’s told."
Happy Birthday, Jodie Foster!
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks