Tom Cruise’s latest flick, Valkyrie, is set in Nazi Germany, and it’s not a comedy, so why does its new trailer (embedded below, or streaming in a higher-quality clip at Yahoo) leave me snickering? Is it the eye patch? Or the way the lightning crashes as Cruise declares "We have to kill Hitler" in his Serious Thespian Voice? Maybe it’s that awful line, "When the S.S. catch you, they will pull you apart like warm bread." (Mission: Carbs!) Or maybe I can no longer separate the tabloid staple from the actor. Whatever the case may be, I’m kind of wondering — especially in the face of Lions for Lambs bombing this weekend — how many other folks share my inability to take Tom Cruise seriously anymore?
Tom Cruise's 'Valkyrie' looks kinda awful
- Shonda Rhimes dramas deliver ratings record
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- 'Glee' moves to Fridays for final season
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- Greer Grammer named Miss Golden Globe
- Ty Herndon: 'out, proud, happy gay man'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas on new EW cover
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Mockingjay': How big at the box office?
- Mike Nichols, Oscar-winning director, dies