To grab a little lyrical inspiration from the artist in question, no one, no one, no one is going to get too excited one way or the other about Alicia Keys’ conceptually murky new video for "No One." I mean, Keys is a lovely vision rocking four different outfits/hairstyles, and there’s nothing objectionable about any of ‘em — unless you have strong, negative feelings about the return of the Flashdance look. On the other hand, how come the quartet of Alicias are stuck inside a watch? (Or is it a clock?) What’s with the blatant product placement when the action jumps to a Sony-brand flat-screen TV? And how come Alicia in the Rain’s section of the timepiece turns into a joyous block party by video’s end, while the other three Alicia Models remain isolated? It’s almost as if, alone, Flashdance Alicia has cried, silent tears, full of pride. Sorry, that was lame, but I bet at least a third of you started humming "What a Feeling" the minute you saw her off-the-shoulder gray sweatshirt. Not that has anything to do with anything. So back on the subject, what do you think about the video for "No One"? Take your passion, and make it happen, in the comments section below.
Oct 1 2007 02:05 PM ET
Snap judgment: Alicia Keys' 'No One' video
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- Vampire Weekend tops album chart
- 'Twilight' tops Teen Choice Awards noms
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single