Fox announced yesterday that the Oct. 7 edition of The Simpsons will be (well, they didn’t put it this way, but I will) a pure comic-geek bliss-out: The plot is all about our beloved Comic Book Guy (pictured), who gets some competition in Springfield from a new store, "Coolsville Comics & Toys," run by "hipster" Milo, voiced by Jack Black. What’s even more hipster about this news is that the episode will feature cartoon versions of guest stars Art Spiegelman (Pulitzer Prize-winning creator of Maus), Eightball creator Dan Clowes, and probably the most revered living comics writer, at least among the superhero set: Watchmen creator Alan Moore. No word on whether the voluble, prolific, control-freak Moore will insist on writing his own lines and thereby expand the episode to a special two-hour Simpsons…
Jul 23 2007 03:40 PM ET
'Simpsons': Will this be the Best. Episode. Ever?
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' adds tornado victims tribute
- 'Voice' recap at 8 ET to be bumped by news
- 'DWTS' poll: Who deserves to win?
- 'Mortal Instruments' film now due Aug. 21
- 'Behind the Candelabra': Cannes review
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- 'Wolverine' trailer: Logan broods, fights