Hey everybody, it’s time to take a trip to camp. No, not summer camp, but rather, classic camp, courtesy of CBS’ soap opera Central Park West, a Darren Star spectacular that, alas, died young and ridiculous back in June 1996. There’s so much to ooh and guffaw about in this clip: The preposterously wooden dialogue ("You know what Freud always said: ‘Hatred of women starts with the mother!’"); Ron Leibman’s forearm-sized cellphone; and of course, Raquel Welch’s insane, sing-songy line readings. Where have all the outsized primetime sudsers gone, PopWatchers?
Who else remembers this? (Vol. 7)
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Music on TV: What was THAT song?
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian
- Disney acquires rights for future 'Indiana Jones' films