Hey everybody, it’s time to take a trip to camp. No, not summer camp, but rather, classic camp, courtesy of CBS’ soap opera Central Park West, a Darren Star spectacular that, alas, died young and ridiculous back in June 1996. There’s so much to ooh and guffaw about in this clip: The preposterously wooden dialogue ("You know what Freud always said: ‘Hatred of women starts with the mother!’"); Ron Leibman’s forearm-sized cellphone; and of course, Raquel Welch’s insane, sing-songy line readings. Where have all the outsized primetime sudsers gone, PopWatchers?
Who else remembers this? (Vol. 7)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?