Hey everybody, it’s time to take a trip to camp. No, not summer camp, but rather, classic camp, courtesy of CBS’ soap opera Central Park West, a Darren Star spectacular that, alas, died young and ridiculous back in June 1996. There’s so much to ooh and guffaw about in this clip: The preposterously wooden dialogue ("You know what Freud always said: ‘Hatred of women starts with the mother!’"); Ron Leibman’s forearm-sized cellphone; and of course, Raquel Welch’s insane, sing-songy line readings. Where have all the outsized primetime sudsers gone, PopWatchers?
Who else remembers this? (Vol. 7)
- Bryan Singer disputes Hawaii abuse claim
- Michelle Obama to visit 'Nashville'
- 'Scandal': Highest-rated season finale
- Kim Novak stands up to Oscar 'bullies'
- 'Midnight Rider' crew boycott urged
- Lindsay Lohan: 'Sex list' is real,' but...
- James Franco vs. N.Y. Times reviewer
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out