Guess Johnny Drama and Variety have buried the hatchet. That nasty incident from a couple of episodes ago on Entourage, in which the elder Chase brother stormed the trade paper’s newsroom and angrily confronted critic "Paul Schneider" over his negative review of Drama’s soon-to-be hit show Five Towns. Today’s (real-life) Variety has a special on the forthcoming Emmy nominations that includes a hilariously narcissistic essay by "Johnny Chase," in which the (fictional) actor describes what it’s like to wait nervously for long overdue recognition from the TV academy. (Best line: "I can see all my peers’ faces when I shout, ‘Ha! Tonight I won. TonightI’m the winner. Tonight ma, you don’t need to cry for your baby.’") Perhaps not coincidentally, today’s Variety also contains a paid "For Your Consideration" advertisement for Drama’s performance in Five Towns, including a cleverly edited blurb from "Schneider’s" pan. (Shades of last season, when there was a similar, even bigger ad boasting of the record-breaking opening weekend for Aquaman.) I’ll leave it to you, PopWatchers, to decide whether all this playing-footsie-with-reality enhances your enjoyment of Entourage, HBO’s subscriber base, or Variety‘s journalistic credibility — because, as long as everyone is making money, who cares?
Adding 'Drama' to the Emmy nominations
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?