How unspeakably awesome is Ugly Betty‘s Becki Newton? Yeah, I know her reaction shots — like that gag-reflex response looking at Betty’s shoes during the Mode Christmas party — are worthy of an Emmy nomination on their own, but did you notice that on last night’s episode, Newton performed double duty as Mode‘s trollop-in-chief Amanda and MYW‘s bespectacled, braces-wearing Ruthie? (Yep, that’s really her; ABC confirmed it to PopWatch.) Seriously, I was howling so hard at Newton’s makeunder, I had to rewind to catch her best line: "My rosacea flares up if the elevator even stops at [Mode's] floor." Of course, that was a distant second to Amanda’s assault with a deadly handbag at episode’s end. LOVE HER! All together now, slow clap. Beck-i! Beck-i! Beck-i!
Jan 12 2007 10:04 PM ET
Two reasons to love 'Ugly Betty"s Becki Newton
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- Seth Meyers on 'SNL' transition: 'Today'
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Warehouse 13' canceled by Syfy
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings