Admit it: You made a terrible mistake. Back in September, you took a pass on Ugly Betty, foolishly choosing to put your money on some unfortunate freshman series that didn’t quite pan out — like Justice, or Six Degrees, or (heaven help you) Twenty Good Years. Now, when friends greet you by shouting "Hoe-lah!" or text-message you lines like "Did you just gesture at me when you said Kwanzaa?", all you can do is plaster on your best fake grin and pretend you have some idea what they’re talking about. Well, the good news is you still have time to make amends — before the new year arrives. ABC Family is presenting an all-day Ugly Betty marathon on Sunday, December 31st (9:00 AM – 7:00 PM). I’ll be DVR-ing it myself — the better to hone my delivery on Vanessa (L. Yeah) Williams’ zingers, like "Poor people are so…cheap." — and I implore you to do the same. In fact, on the off chance you’re still not convinced the show’s for you, I’m going to ask PopWatching Betty fans to compile some of the show’s other addictive catchphrases in the comments section below. If they don’t deliver, I’ll be "hellaciously upset."
A PopWatch PSA for 'Ugly' virgins
- Bill Hader to host 'SNL' on Oct. 11
- James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis in 'Agent Carter'
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)
- 'Destiny': $325M in sales in five days
- Yeardley Smith in 'Mindy Project' guest role
- 'New Girl' returns sexier, but loses viewers
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'
- 'Project Runway All Stars' designers are...
- 'Arrow': Nick Tarabay as Captain Boomerang
- Skyler Samuels joins 'AHS: Freak Show' cast