It’s easy enough to identify the best Christmas tunes (like every track on the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, perhaps?), but worst is a bit harder. The self-sacrificing foks at Retrocrush, however, have made their picks and posted the videos. Clearly, Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Christmas Time" (pictured) is wretched; I imagine those unstoppable synth lines are what it would sound like if one of those little worms from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan were put into my ear. But NewSong’s "The Christmas Shoes"? That’s a new one. And what a video: the kid is dressed in a Dickensian urchin cap, his mother in a pilgrim hat, and apparently — if we go by the gigantic bottle of nasal spray by her bed — she’s dying of a really intense sinus infection. I can’t think straight after watching that. Help me PopWatchers. What are your choices for the Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks