It’s easy enough to identify the best Christmas tunes (like every track on the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, perhaps?), but worst is a bit harder. The self-sacrificing foks at Retrocrush, however, have made their picks and posted the videos. Clearly, Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Christmas Time" (pictured) is wretched; I imagine those unstoppable synth lines are what it would sound like if one of those little worms from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan were put into my ear. But NewSong’s "The Christmas Shoes"? That’s a new one. And what a video: the kid is dressed in a Dickensian urchin cap, his mother in a pilgrim hat, and apparently — if we go by the gigantic bottle of nasal spray by her bed — she’s dying of a really intense sinus infection. I can’t think straight after watching that. Help me PopWatchers. What are your choices for the Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
- Blythe Danner joins NBC's 'The Slap'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' for Hamm, Wiig
- 'Stieg Larsson's Millennium' book in August
- 'Harry Potter' arrives on Oyster ebook service
- Domino's slams 'Fifty Shades'-style ad leak
- Depp a no-show? Blame feisty chupacabra
- Tyler James Williams joins CBS spinoff series
- 'Ghostbusters' reboot set for July 22, 2016
- 'Steve Jobs' finalizes cast, begins filming
- Christopher Reeve's son joins 'SportsCenter'
- Katie Holmes back on TV in 'Ray Donovan'
- 'Game of Thrones' IMAX ticket sales surge