It’s easy enough to identify the best Christmas tunes (like every track on the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, perhaps?), but worst is a bit harder. The self-sacrificing foks at Retrocrush, however, have made their picks and posted the videos. Clearly, Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Christmas Time" (pictured) is wretched; I imagine those unstoppable synth lines are what it would sound like if one of those little worms from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan were put into my ear. But NewSong’s "The Christmas Shoes"? That’s a new one. And what a video: the kid is dressed in a Dickensian urchin cap, his mother in a pilgrim hat, and apparently — if we go by the gigantic bottle of nasal spray by her bed — she’s dying of a really intense sinus infection. I can’t think straight after watching that. Help me PopWatchers. What are your choices for the Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Maze Runner' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $11M
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron