It’s easy enough to identify the best Christmas tunes (like every track on the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack, perhaps?), but worst is a bit harder. The self-sacrificing foks at Retrocrush, however, have made their picks and posted the videos. Clearly, Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Christmas Time" (pictured) is wretched; I imagine those unstoppable synth lines are what it would sound like if one of those little worms from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan were put into my ear. But NewSong’s "The Christmas Shoes"? That’s a new one. And what a video: the kid is dressed in a Dickensian urchin cap, his mother in a pilgrim hat, and apparently — if we go by the gigantic bottle of nasal spray by her bed — she’s dying of a really intense sinus infection. I can’t think straight after watching that. Help me PopWatchers. What are your choices for the Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
Worst Christmas Songs Ever?
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser next week
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full seasons
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- TLC reality show to look at answered prayers
- Tatiana Maslany to make N.Y. stage debut
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- 'Deliverance' adapted as a play: EW review
- 'The Room' actors in a mockumentary?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape