The rumors are heating up that Sarah "Fergie" Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has gotten her wish and will bring a little royal(e with cheese) flavor to the upcoming fourth season of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. (Asked by PopWatch to confirm the rumors, ABC declined to comment. But if they’re true, my colleague Gary Susman wonders whether the DWTS folks realize that they’ve booked the Princess, not the Pea. Ba-dum-bum!)
Anyhow, even though the DWTS casting directors have done a pretty nifty job to date, I think they could use a little help from PopWatch to avoid any ho-hum choices like Sara Evans, Master P, or Trista Rehn. I’ll get the list rolling, you guys keep on adding in the comments section below.
- David Duchovny (Fox Mulder doing the fox trot? Foxy!)
- Jody Watley (After seeing her in concert this summer, let me tell you, Miss Jody Watley could teach some of these kids a thing or two about working a stage.)
- Andrew Shue (This season’s Mario Lopez? And lest we forget, with his soccer past, Shue also fills the pro-athlete slot.)
- Tara Reid (Slow clap. Show-mance! Show-mance!)
- Richard Simmons (Tell me I’m not totally inspired here.)
OK, your turn.