From our pals over at Idolator comes a report of Lou Reed’s grudging performance at some corporate tech gig on Wednesday night. (Valleywag has a video clip of Reed’s performance here, including the priceless intro quoted in this item’s headline.) Why so glum, Lou? Everyone’s playing corporate gigs these days, and it’s not like you haven’t traveled down this road before — on a Honda scooter, no less. Still, this would have been fun to see live, on the off chance that Reed would try to scare the suits with something like "Heroin" or "Metal Machine Music." Then again, maybe that’s the lesson of this event: that there’s pretty much no such thing as irony or shocking the bourgeoisie anymore; as this hilarious dubbing of Reed’s "Sister Ray" proves, pretty much anything can be co-opted.
'My senior Kung Fu brother, Lou Reed'
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- Michael C. Hall's 'Hedwig' solid at box office
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch today
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?