Here’s my favorite piece of electoral analysis this season, courtesty of comics-loving blogger David Campbell. His spot-on (and occasionally profane) look at where the superheroes stand on the issues (the DC crowd are generally Republicans, the Marvelites mostly Democrats) speaks for itself. I second his suggestion that Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man) replace Donald Rumsfeld as Secretary of Defense. I only wish Campbell’s post were more comprehensive — who gets Thor’s endorsement? Which party does Swamp Thing support? (The Green Party, duh.) What about the Fantastic Four? (I’d guess that the Human Torch is a flaming liberal, Invisible Girl a transparent centrist, the Thing a rock-ribbed Republican, and Mr. Fantastic — well, he’s flexible.)
How did your favorite superhero vote?
- Peter MacNicol joins 'CSI: Cyber' cast
- 'Expendables 3' leakers sued by Lionsgate
- 'Sin City 2' trailer too sexy for ABC?
- 'Undateable' renewed for season 2
- Kathie Lee Gifford's 'Today' mini-musical?
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Sharknado 2': 3.9M dive in, a Syfy record
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater': Nov. 7