Here’s my favorite piece of electoral analysis this season, courtesty of comics-loving blogger David Campbell. His spot-on (and occasionally profane) look at where the superheroes stand on the issues (the DC crowd are generally Republicans, the Marvelites mostly Democrats) speaks for itself. I second his suggestion that Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man) replace Donald Rumsfeld as Secretary of Defense. I only wish Campbell’s post were more comprehensive — who gets Thor’s endorsement? Which party does Swamp Thing support? (The Green Party, duh.) What about the Fantastic Four? (I’d guess that the Human Torch is a flaming liberal, Invisible Girl a transparent centrist, the Thing a rock-ribbed Republican, and Mr. Fantastic — well, he’s flexible.)
How did your favorite superhero vote?
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- 'Maze Runner' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $11M
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron