Here’s my favorite piece of electoral analysis this season, courtesty of comics-loving blogger David Campbell. His spot-on (and occasionally profane) look at where the superheroes stand on the issues (the DC crowd are generally Republicans, the Marvelites mostly Democrats) speaks for itself. I second his suggestion that Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man) replace Donald Rumsfeld as Secretary of Defense. I only wish Campbell’s post were more comprehensive — who gets Thor’s endorsement? Which party does Swamp Thing support? (The Green Party, duh.) What about the Fantastic Four? (I’d guess that the Human Torch is a flaming liberal, Invisible Girl a transparent centrist, the Thing a rock-ribbed Republican, and Mr. Fantastic — well, he’s flexible.)
How did your favorite superhero vote?
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- Michael C. Hall's 'Hedwig' solid at box office
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch today
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?