You know why I love America? Because a day after a contentious — and in some cases, still contested — election, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents are putting aside their differences to discuss a question that’s vital to the nation’s health and well being:
What will Rick Santorum do? Barack Obama, hot or not? Um, I mean, how will the Britney/K-Fed divorce play out?
PopWatch wants to be a part of this important national conversation, and to that end, we’re trying to provide you with comprehensive linkage of the event. After you watch a video that might possibly show K-Fed receiving news of Britney’s divorce filing by text message — Hello? Britney? Are you planning a cover of "Ice, Ice, Baby," ’cause you cold! And, um, haven’t you heard Kelly’s fierce new single, "YOU CAN’T TEXT MESSAGE BREAKUP!"? — check out these other kernels of info.
- As serious journos at NBC covered the election last night, the biggest entertainment "get" in ages skated out in front of their studio (pictured). And somewhere, quietly, (probably in my mind) Ann Curry seethed.
- Sharp-eyed Letterman viewers may have had an inside tip about Britney giving Kevin the heave-ho.
- Apparently, Kevin may have some "additional separate property assets" of his own. Who knew?
- Don’t front: You know you want to read about the pre-nup.
- Was this the straw that broke the camel’s multi-platinum back?
- Or was it the fact that, in the words of Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin, Kevin and Brit were living separate lives?
(Hold up: Gotta pop a Pepto. Not feelin’ so hot. Wait! Let me fix my hair. Okay, I think I’m ready.)