I’m sorry to hear that ABC has pulled Six Degrees from its schedule through December (and maybe longer?). It’s a show that’s probably too nice for its own good; no wonder it’s getting eaten by CBS’ Shark every week. Its plotting is still scattershot, as it tries to force serendipitous connections among its six protagonists. Still, its dreamy depiction of a multi-ethnic New York, where city dwellers cross lines of race, class, and gender to help each other, makes it a nice Thursday companion piece to the network’s Ugly Betty. Plus, any project that gives jobs to Campbell Scott and Hope Davis is a good thing. Let’s hope ABC finds a way to bring it back after the New Year, when the primetime schedule is likely to become even more competitive.
Did ABC 86 'Six Degrees'?
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Seth Rogen as Apple pioneer Steve Wozniak?
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'