I’m sorry to hear that ABC has pulled Six Degrees from its schedule through December (and maybe longer?). It’s a show that’s probably too nice for its own good; no wonder it’s getting eaten by CBS’ Shark every week. Its plotting is still scattershot, as it tries to force serendipitous connections among its six protagonists. Still, its dreamy depiction of a multi-ethnic New York, where city dwellers cross lines of race, class, and gender to help each other, makes it a nice Thursday companion piece to the network’s Ugly Betty. Plus, any project that gives jobs to Campbell Scott and Hope Davis is a good thing. Let’s hope ABC finds a way to bring it back after the New Year, when the primetime schedule is likely to become even more competitive.
Did ABC 86 'Six Degrees'?
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- S Club 7 to reunite for BBC charity gig
- Matthew McConaughey saluted at L.A. gala