I’m sorry to hear that ABC has pulled Six Degrees from its schedule through December (and maybe longer?). It’s a show that’s probably too nice for its own good; no wonder it’s getting eaten by CBS’ Shark every week. Its plotting is still scattershot, as it tries to force serendipitous connections among its six protagonists. Still, its dreamy depiction of a multi-ethnic New York, where city dwellers cross lines of race, class, and gender to help each other, makes it a nice Thursday companion piece to the network’s Ugly Betty. Plus, any project that gives jobs to Campbell Scott and Hope Davis is a good thing. Let’s hope ABC finds a way to bring it back after the New Year, when the primetime schedule is likely to become even more competitive.
Did ABC 86 'Six Degrees'?
- 'Captain America 2' No. 1 Friday: $9.6M
- Miley Cyrus postpones tour until August
- Bieber deport bid: White House says...
- Bryan Singer disputes Hawaii abuse claim
- Kim Novak stands up to Oscar 'bullies'
- 'Midnight Rider' crew boycott urged
- Lindsay Lohan: 'Sex list' is real,' but...
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out