I’m sorry to hear that ABC has pulled Six Degrees from its schedule through December (and maybe longer?). It’s a show that’s probably too nice for its own good; no wonder it’s getting eaten by CBS’ Shark every week. Its plotting is still scattershot, as it tries to force serendipitous connections among its six protagonists. Still, its dreamy depiction of a multi-ethnic New York, where city dwellers cross lines of race, class, and gender to help each other, makes it a nice Thursday companion piece to the network’s Ugly Betty. Plus, any project that gives jobs to Campbell Scott and Hope Davis is a good thing. Let’s hope ABC finds a way to bring it back after the New Year, when the primetime schedule is likely to become even more competitive.
Did ABC 86 'Six Degrees'?
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': Top $$ of '14
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?