I’m sorry to hear that ABC has pulled Six Degrees from its schedule through December (and maybe longer?). It’s a show that’s probably too nice for its own good; no wonder it’s getting eaten by CBS’ Shark every week. Its plotting is still scattershot, as it tries to force serendipitous connections among its six protagonists. Still, its dreamy depiction of a multi-ethnic New York, where city dwellers cross lines of race, class, and gender to help each other, makes it a nice Thursday companion piece to the network’s Ugly Betty. Plus, any project that gives jobs to Campbell Scott and Hope Davis is a good thing. Let’s hope ABC finds a way to bring it back after the New Year, when the primetime schedule is likely to become even more competitive.
Did ABC 86 'Six Degrees'?
- 'Gotham,' 'Big Bang' start strong in ratings
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- Kris Jenner files for divorce
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS