I’m sorry to hear that ABC has pulled Six Degrees from its schedule through December (and maybe longer?). It’s a show that’s probably too nice for its own good; no wonder it’s getting eaten by CBS’ Shark every week. Its plotting is still scattershot, as it tries to force serendipitous connections among its six protagonists. Still, its dreamy depiction of a multi-ethnic New York, where city dwellers cross lines of race, class, and gender to help each other, makes it a nice Thursday companion piece to the network’s Ugly Betty. Plus, any project that gives jobs to Campbell Scott and Hope Davis is a good thing. Let’s hope ABC finds a way to bring it back after the New Year, when the primetime schedule is likely to become even more competitive.
Did ABC 86 'Six Degrees'?
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- '300: Rise of an Empire' is No. 1 Friday
- Fox renews 'Mindy,' 'New Girl,' 2 more
- 'Honeymooners' star Sheila MacRae dies
- Scott Kalvert, video/film director, dies
- 'Sharknado 2' gets July premiere date
- 'Orphan Black' stream rights to Amazon
- Tony Goldwyn in TV movie as polygamist