I’m not sure I’m emotionally prepared to discuss Bob Barker’s pending retirement from The Price Is Right. I can’t tell you how many mornings of my elementary-school summer vacations I spent letting the now-silver-haired host teach me the value of comparison shopping, the meaning of the words "spayed and neutered," and the ability to remain calm in the face of overzealous affection. But, y’know, even though the dude is still foxy as he approaches 83 — I’ve got Bob on right now in the background as I type this item, and he’s rockin’ his pinstripe suit and orchid tie better than most men half his age — I can’t blame him for wanting to call it a day in June 2007. That, of course, raises the inevitable question: Who can CBS find to replace him? I’m a little ambivalent about the subject, but if someone put "A NEW CAR!!!" on the line, I guess I’d throw my vote behind Dancing With the Stars runner-up John O’Hurley. How ’bout you, PopWatchers?
Nov 1 2006 04:56 PM ET
Can anyone replace Bob Barker?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- Billy Joel in 'N.Y. Times Mag': 10 tidbits
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!