For those who missed the Green Day/U2 performance the other night at the New Orleans Saints’ first game back at the post-Katrina Superdome (I missed it too — hey, I’m a Broncos fan), Stereogum has helpfully posted the YouTube clip of the collaborating bands’ cover of the Skids’ punk chestnut ”The Saints Are Coming.” Alt-rock purists (like many of the commenters at Stereogum) may scoff, but I thought it worked. It sounded like old-old-school U2, from the ”I Will Follow” era, but the New Orleans-style brass meshed suprisingly well with Edge’s chiming guitar. So it’s official now: ESPN is a better channel for breaking new and exciting music than MTV.
Green Day and U2 on the Skids
- 'MasterChef' judge Joe Bastianich to exit
- Creed's Scott Stapp to fans: I'm 'penniless'
- Drew Carey among CBS 12:35 a.m. fill-ins
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- Kevin Smith to cameo in his own biopic
- Joni Mitchell: I nixed film with Taylor Swift
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15