It’s almost impossible to view the trailer for the upcoming biopic Infamous (thanks to Movie City News for the heads up) without comparing it to last year’s awards-magnet Capote, which landed a Best Actor Oscar for Philip Seymour Hoffman in the title role. Yet while Infamous doesn’t appear to be aiming for the same pitch-black places as its predecessor, its candy colored trailer certainly showcases an eclectic cast, including EW’s current coverboy Daniel Craig, plus Sandra Bullock, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver, Isabella Rossellini, Hope Davis, Jeff Daniels, and Lee Pace. That’s a lot of star wattage for one flick, but if Toby Jones can shine through it all as a gossipy, eccentric Truman Capote, who knows, maybe we’ll see back-to-back Oscar nods for two different portrayals of the same real-life character.
Trailer Blazer: 'Infamous'
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best albums of '13: Nick Catucci's picks
- 10 best fiction books of 2013: EW picks...
- 'Sound of Music' ratings huge for NBC
- 'Sound of Music': Talk about it!
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' coming in 2016