It’s almost impossible to view the trailer for the upcoming biopic Infamous (thanks to Movie City News for the heads up) without comparing it to last year’s awards-magnet Capote, which landed a Best Actor Oscar for Philip Seymour Hoffman in the title role. Yet while Infamous doesn’t appear to be aiming for the same pitch-black places as its predecessor, its candy colored trailer certainly showcases an eclectic cast, including EW’s current coverboy Daniel Craig, plus Sandra Bullock, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver, Isabella Rossellini, Hope Davis, Jeff Daniels, and Lee Pace. That’s a lot of star wattage for one flick, but if Toby Jones can shine through it all as a gossipy, eccentric Truman Capote, who knows, maybe we’ll see back-to-back Oscar nods for two different portrayals of the same real-life character.
Trailer Blazer: 'Infamous'
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Shonda Rhimes to guest on 'Mindy Project'
- Charlie Hunnam circles King Arthur role
- Stephen Lee, character actor, dies at 58
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- 'Simpsons' marathon: 11 gems this week