It’s almost impossible to view the trailer for the upcoming biopic Infamous (thanks to Movie City News for the heads up) without comparing it to last year’s awards-magnet Capote, which landed a Best Actor Oscar for Philip Seymour Hoffman in the title role. Yet while Infamous doesn’t appear to be aiming for the same pitch-black places as its predecessor, its candy colored trailer certainly showcases an eclectic cast, including EW’s current coverboy Daniel Craig, plus Sandra Bullock, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sigourney Weaver, Isabella Rossellini, Hope Davis, Jeff Daniels, and Lee Pace. That’s a lot of star wattage for one flick, but if Toby Jones can shine through it all as a gossipy, eccentric Truman Capote, who knows, maybe we’ll see back-to-back Oscar nods for two different portrayals of the same real-life character.
Trailer Blazer: 'Infamous'
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover