Reading MTV News’ story about the upcoming Dreamgirls soundtrack, and specifically, Underdogs producer Harvey Mason Jr.’s praise for Eddie Murphy’s contributions to it, got me thinking about the comic actor’s previous musical efforts. Anyone else out there remember his poetically awful video for "Whatzupwitu"? You know, the one with the winged hearts, the children’s chorus, and a jaunty splash of Michael Jackson? If you haven’t seen it before (or even if you have), I implore you to click here and check it out, then file it under ”new jank swing.”
'Dreamgirls': Is Eddie Murphy going to (gulp) sing?
- 'Voice' eliminated singers are...
- Aaron Sorkin: A 'Newsroom' do-over?
- Mitch Hurwitz deal for new Netflix series
- TV's future? Supreme Court mulls Aereo
- 'Star Wars VII' casting 'almost complete'
- 'Gone Girl' change? 'Greatly exaggerated'
- Bryan Singer accuser names 3 more execs
- 'Game of Thrones': Cool interactive map