Reading MTV News’ story about the upcoming Dreamgirls soundtrack, and specifically, Underdogs producer Harvey Mason Jr.’s praise for Eddie Murphy’s contributions to it, got me thinking about the comic actor’s previous musical efforts. Anyone else out there remember his poetically awful video for "Whatzupwitu"? You know, the one with the winged hearts, the children’s chorus, and a jaunty splash of Michael Jackson? If you haven’t seen it before (or even if you have), I implore you to click here and check it out, then file it under ”new jank swing.”
'Dreamgirls': Is Eddie Murphy going to (gulp) sing?
- Adam Sandler to do 4 movies for Netflix
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'Nashville' and more Wednesday TV recaps
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 'The Bridge': 'Julibex' wraps season 2
- 'Community' boss in 'Harmontown' clip
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Sherlock Holmes' silent from 1916 discovered
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record