Behold: The next ubiquitous viral video (it was even on AOL’s Welcome Screen this morning) is comedian Judson Laipply’s "The Evolution of Dance." There’s nothing revolutionary about Laipply’s faithful renditions of popular dances set to "Mr. Roboto," "Cant Touch This," and "Cotton Eye Joe," but strung together, he captures both the winning ridiculousness of modern boogie crazes, and that certain brand of feel-good nostalgia that’s usually only experienced during really raucous wedding receptions. I’m not sure if the six-minute clip will land Laipply a much-deserved guest spot on a Dancing With the Stars results show, or maybe a job as choreographer for Taylor Hicks’ inevitable concert tour, but I hope something positive comes out of his reminder that it’s never too early in the day to… get out your seat and jump around! (Jump around!)
The next ubiquitous viral video
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- 'Goodfellas' actor sues 'Simpsons' for $250M
- 'Shark Tank' spin-off a go at ABC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- 'John Carter' rights lapse at Disney
- 'Red Band Society': Fox orders 4 more scripts
- Taylor Swift reveals '1989' track list