Taylor Hicks fans who visited Iowa’s Prairie Meadows racetrack yesterday should be a little bit richer this morning. That’s because the hunch bet of the year, a 4-year-old filly named Soul Patrol (which also happens to be the name of the American Idol champ’s fan club), was a wire-to-wire winner of the sixth race, paying $15.20 for a $2 win bet. I’ll wager my lunch money somebody in the crowd did their best impression of the gray-haired dude, pumping their fist and shouting, "Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol!" And with that, I return you to your regularly scheduled Internet surfing; as for me, I’m heading over to the local OTB to gamble away my lunch money. (For the record, PopWatch likes Poet Prince in the 9th at Calder.)
Soul Patrol wins again... at the racetrack!
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- Zach Galifianakis TV series gets FX pickup
- 'Sons of Guns' axed; star faces rape charge
- 'Simpsons' marathon: 11 gems this week
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'