Taylor Hicks fans who visited Iowa’s Prairie Meadows racetrack yesterday should be a little bit richer this morning. That’s because the hunch bet of the year, a 4-year-old filly named Soul Patrol (which also happens to be the name of the American Idol champ’s fan club), was a wire-to-wire winner of the sixth race, paying $15.20 for a $2 win bet. I’ll wager my lunch money somebody in the crowd did their best impression of the gray-haired dude, pumping their fist and shouting, "Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol!" And with that, I return you to your regularly scheduled Internet surfing; as for me, I’m heading over to the local OTB to gamble away my lunch money. (For the record, PopWatch likes Poet Prince in the 9th at Calder.)
Soul Patrol wins again... at the racetrack!
- 'The Voice' recap: Sleepy semifinal
- 15 blasts from the past in '13: Winners/losers
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' baroness, dies
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' role for Callum Keith Rennie
- 'Mentalist': A (SPOILER!) for Lisbon?
- Britney's 'Chaotic' revisited: 5 cringeworthy clips
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- AFI movies of the year: 'Her' and '12 Years a Slave' in; 'August: Osage County' out
- 'The Voice' recap: Green Eggs and Adam
- 15 Blasts From the Past in '13: Winners/Losers
- 'The Mentalist': Lisbon's getting a [SPOILER] -- EXCLUSIVE