Taylor Hicks fans who visited Iowa’s Prairie Meadows racetrack yesterday should be a little bit richer this morning. That’s because the hunch bet of the year, a 4-year-old filly named Soul Patrol (which also happens to be the name of the American Idol champ’s fan club), was a wire-to-wire winner of the sixth race, paying $15.20 for a $2 win bet. I’ll wager my lunch money somebody in the crowd did their best impression of the gray-haired dude, pumping their fist and shouting, "Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol!" And with that, I return you to your regularly scheduled Internet surfing; as for me, I’m heading over to the local OTB to gamble away my lunch money. (For the record, PopWatch likes Poet Prince in the 9th at Calder.)
Soul Patrol wins again... at the racetrack!
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'
- 'Survivor' eliminated contestant is...
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams arrested
- Kyra Sedgwick in HBO comedy about ex-nun
- Metallica residency on 'Late Late Show'
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- Kurt Sutter back at 'SOA,' minus appendix
- 'Avengers,' 'Black Panther': Marvel 'Phase 3'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' peek on 'SHIELD'
- 'Agent Carter' gets its first teaser