Taylor Hicks fans who visited Iowa’s Prairie Meadows racetrack yesterday should be a little bit richer this morning. That’s because the hunch bet of the year, a 4-year-old filly named Soul Patrol (which also happens to be the name of the American Idol champ’s fan club), was a wire-to-wire winner of the sixth race, paying $15.20 for a $2 win bet. I’ll wager my lunch money somebody in the crowd did their best impression of the gray-haired dude, pumping their fist and shouting, "Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol!" And with that, I return you to your regularly scheduled Internet surfing; as for me, I’m heading over to the local OTB to gamble away my lunch money. (For the record, PopWatch likes Poet Prince in the 9th at Calder.)
Soul Patrol wins again... at the racetrack!
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'