This just in: My colleague Gary Susman informs me that there’s no need for my growing anxiety that after Wednesday night’s American Idol season finale, my life will devolve into an empty, meaningless, sucking eddy of despair, ennui, and substandard entertainment options. In fact, he tells me there’s a magical place on the Internet, called AOL Music, where singers not named Taylor Hicks or Elliott Yamin or Paris Bennett or Chris Daughtry have new albums streaming free of charge. (Who’d’ve thunk?) This week, they’re featuring Johnny Cash, Def Leppard, Michael Bolton, Phoenix, Yo Gotti, The Wreckers, and Harry Nilsson, among others, plus the Dixie Chicks, who, in addition to having recorded some pretty ear-catching new tunes, are apparently on the cover of this week’s Time. Sheesh, it’s amazing what you discover when you take a break from voting on AOL’s ”Who should be the Idol?” poll.
New music: Dixie Chicks, Johnny Cash, Def Leppard
- One Direction 'You and I' vid: A rip-off?
- Avril Lavigne: 'Hello Kitty' not racist
- 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 3'?
- Beyonce + Time '100 Most Influential'
- 'Game of Thrones': Westeros workout?
- Meg Ryan joins 'How I Met Your Dad'
- HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Ruffalo's pics