Why do I love "Earthquakes & Sharks"? I think it’s that opening riff, which reminds me simultaneously of Blondie’s "Heart of Glass" and the 3-2-1 Contact theme song? Maybe it’s that I’m sadistic and love songs that mention killer bees and black widows, but more than likely, it’s because I’ve already drowned a few too many Cinco de Mayo margaritas. But seriously, an indie rock song that talks about getting sick from the water in Mexico, the smog and traffic in California, and then rounds things out with a pure-pop key change near the end?! Unheard of! I admit I may need to get out more, but for now Brandtson‘s new album Hello, Control (full of even MORE shake-your-ass indie — look at how much fun these peeps are having!) is keeping me muy feliz.
Download This: Brandtson
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch today
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?
- 'Arrow' casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick