Why do I love "Earthquakes & Sharks"? I think it’s that opening riff, which reminds me simultaneously of Blondie’s "Heart of Glass" and the 3-2-1 Contact theme song? Maybe it’s that I’m sadistic and love songs that mention killer bees and black widows, but more than likely, it’s because I’ve already drowned a few too many Cinco de Mayo margaritas. But seriously, an indie rock song that talks about getting sick from the water in Mexico, the smog and traffic in California, and then rounds things out with a pure-pop key change near the end?! Unheard of! I admit I may need to get out more, but for now Brandtson‘s new album Hello, Control (full of even MORE shake-your-ass indie — look at how much fun these peeps are having!) is keeping me muy feliz.
Download This: Brandtson
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'