Why do I love "Earthquakes & Sharks"? I think it’s that opening riff, which reminds me simultaneously of Blondie’s "Heart of Glass" and the 3-2-1 Contact theme song? Maybe it’s that I’m sadistic and love songs that mention killer bees and black widows, but more than likely, it’s because I’ve already drowned a few too many Cinco de Mayo margaritas. But seriously, an indie rock song that talks about getting sick from the water in Mexico, the smog and traffic in California, and then rounds things out with a pure-pop key change near the end?! Unheard of! I admit I may need to get out more, but for now Brandtson‘s new album Hello, Control (full of even MORE shake-your-ass indie — look at how much fun these peeps are having!) is keeping me muy feliz.
Download This: Brandtson
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks