Why do I love "Earthquakes & Sharks"? I think it’s that opening riff, which reminds me simultaneously of Blondie’s "Heart of Glass" and the 3-2-1 Contact theme song? Maybe it’s that I’m sadistic and love songs that mention killer bees and black widows, but more than likely, it’s because I’ve already drowned a few too many Cinco de Mayo margaritas. But seriously, an indie rock song that talks about getting sick from the water in Mexico, the smog and traffic in California, and then rounds things out with a pure-pop key change near the end?! Unheard of! I admit I may need to get out more, but for now Brandtson‘s new album Hello, Control (full of even MORE shake-your-ass indie — look at how much fun these peeps are having!) is keeping me muy feliz.
Download This: Brandtson
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is No. 1 movie again
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity kiss
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?