Just because a certain member of my household doesn’t share my enthusiasm for small, shivering, bulgy-eyed canines (scroll down to Chihuahua cozies) doesn’t mean I can’t live out my dog-show dreams — in a virtual setting, anyway. Thanks to those crazy kids at Metafilter, I’ve discovered ShowDog.com, a surprisingly detailed online game that’s kind of like fantasy baseball for folks who find two nights of Westminster coverage doesn’t quite sate their passion for competitive pooches. The site lets you play the role of breeder-owner-handler-trainer-groomer to your show-dog stable, includes a nifty breed selector, and even lets you delve into specifics like which brand of chow to choose (Old Boy Generic Dog Food? I think not!) Anyhow, if you don’t see any more blog posts from me today, you know where I’ll be: Off trying to decide whether to purchase Casa Blanca Penguin Suit, Sunshines Rock Your Body, or the aptly named American Idol Fansite.
Yo Dawg, what's goin' down? ShowDog.com, that's what!
- 'Agent Carter': Shea Whigham in key role
- Stephen King's '11/22/63' as Hulu miniseries
- Kris Jenner files for divorce
- 'Madam Secretary': Big debut in older demo
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance's tease
- N.Y. Times public editor vs. article on Rhimes
- 'South Park' takes aim at 'Redskins' debate
- Colin Farrell: I'm doing 'True Detective 2'
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS