Granted, this mock-trailer for Titanic: Two the Surface is probably too long by half, but it’s nonetheless entertaining on several levels. First off, it patches together enough random film scenes and sound bites that it works as a kind of nifty trivia game (Hey, that’s James Woods in Contact!) Second, setting the final montage to a dance remix of Celine Dion’s ”My Heart Will Go On,” well, that’s just comic gold. And lastly, the concept is just plausible enough that you can imagine some dunderheaded studio exec greenlighting it 20 years from now. Or, more likely, some time next year. And, y’know, I’m probably gullible enough that I’d pay $10 to see it.
Are you ready for a 'Titanic' sequel?
- 'Late Night with Seth Meyers' promo art: First Look
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Season 6 supertease
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Homeland' recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: 'The New Neverland'
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M