Granted, this mock-trailer for Titanic: Two the Surface is probably too long by half, but it’s nonetheless entertaining on several levels. First off, it patches together enough random film scenes and sound bites that it works as a kind of nifty trivia game (Hey, that’s James Woods in Contact!) Second, setting the final montage to a dance remix of Celine Dion’s ”My Heart Will Go On,” well, that’s just comic gold. And lastly, the concept is just plausible enough that you can imagine some dunderheaded studio exec greenlighting it 20 years from now. Or, more likely, some time next year. And, y’know, I’m probably gullible enough that I’d pay $10 to see it.
Are you ready for a 'Titanic' sequel?
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks