Okay, history majors, The Movie Timeline may not hold up in a college classroom, but it’s a fun read for folks who consider themselves film fanatics (thanks to Metafilter for the link). The brainchild of comedian and writer Paul Kerensa, it assumes everything that happened on the silver screen is factual, then lays out said events in painstaking chronological order, from Loana’s encounter with dinosaurs (One Million Years B.C.) to the birth of infamous serial killer Hannibal Lecter in 1938 (The Silence of the Lambs) to the extinction of mankind in 4001 (AI). Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go fact-check the date of Ellie Arroway’s first Contact with extraterrestrials, and suggest Mr. Kerensa get it added to his site — stat!
Contribute to the Movie Timeline!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': Top $$ of '14
- 'Doctor Who': Sam Anderson on his debut
- 'Big Brother': 'Team America voted me out'
- Big Brother': 4 Q's for Julie Chen
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Greatest American Hero' reboot eyed at Fox
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?