Okay, history majors, The Movie Timeline may not hold up in a college classroom, but it’s a fun read for folks who consider themselves film fanatics (thanks to Metafilter for the link). The brainchild of comedian and writer Paul Kerensa, it assumes everything that happened on the silver screen is factual, then lays out said events in painstaking chronological order, from Loana’s encounter with dinosaurs (One Million Years B.C.) to the birth of infamous serial killer Hannibal Lecter in 1938 (The Silence of the Lambs) to the extinction of mankind in 4001 (AI). Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go fact-check the date of Ellie Arroway’s first Contact with extraterrestrials, and suggest Mr. Kerensa get it added to his site — stat!
Contribute to the Movie Timeline!
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- Paramount apology for 'TMNT' 9/11 poster
- Iggy Azalea in 'F&F 7,' Vin Diesel says
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...