I’m going to admit something, and I don’t even care if I get hate mail for it: I’ve always despised Garfield. I mean, even fans of the fat cat can’t deny it’s the laziest of comic strips, a one-joke pony, if you will. Of course, maybe I shouldn’t have been looking for laughs in Jim Davis’ work. Today’s Metafilter pointed me to Lakini Malich’s LiveJournal, where he has erased all of Garfield’s thought bubbles, and revealed this cartoon as a rumination on one man’s futile quest for personal fulfillment. Heath Ledger, I think you just found your Brokeback followup.
Discover the harrowing drama that is 'Garfield'
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Kelly McCreary a regular
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Joan Didion doc hits funding goal in a day
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Christian Bale as Steve Jobs, says Sorkin
- Will Smith brings 'Hitch' comedy series to Fox
- 'Bewitched' revival lands at NBC
- Morena Baccarin joining 'Gotham' as...
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk