Bettie Page is almost as renowned for her decades of seclusion as for her risque 1950s pinup photos (like the one at near left). But now, the 82-year-old legend has resurfaced. Talking to the Los Angeles Times, she comments briefly on her enduring popularity, including the impending April release of the biopic The Notorious Bettie Page, starring Gretchen Mol (far left). Her lone beef: Why ”Notorious”? She seems to be unashamed of anything she’s done in a life that’s ranged from teaching school to posing for nude and fetish photos to becoming a born-again crusader for Billy Graham to being institutionalized after attacking her landlady with a knife. All she asks now is not to be photographed. ”I want to be remembered as I was when I was young and in my golden times,” she says. ”I want to be remembered as a woman who changed people’s perspectives concerning nudity in its natural form.” Okay, Bettie, will do.
Mar 13 2006 02:55 PM ET
Bettie Page speaks!
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 409
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 348
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 504