Has Joey Tribbiani uttered his last ”How you doin’?” Variety thinks so, based on NBC’s yanking Joey after just one installment in its Tuesday slot, in favor of Most Outrageous Moments. According to the trade paper, it looks like Joey won’t return until summer (if at all), when it will likely burn off its remaining episodes. No official announcement from NBC, but if Variety’s speculation is correct, it makes me sad. Not for the series, but for Matt LeBlanc. Having your tailor-made spinoff spend its entire two-year lifespan on a slow deathwatch, only to be bumped in favor a blooper show — what could be more embarrassing than that? Besides having the monkey movie Ed on your resume, I mean.
Mar 10 2006 03:56 PM ET
Is 'Joey' dead?
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Chris Pratt in 'Lego Movie': New trailer
- Liv Tyler joins Damon Lindelof pilot
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Betty White's Facebook post (in longhand)
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer