Here’s M. Night Shyamalan’s Oscar-night commercial for American Express, all two minutes of it. Yes, it’s pretty ego-tastic — Night himself (bottom left) seems awfully disturbed by the prospect of having to eat lunch among regular folks, and even the compliment from the waitress who recognizes him as the director of The Sixth Sense comes off as unsettling. But you can’t deny his effectiveness as a creator of creepy, button-pushing images (above left). I’m still not sure how this is supposed to get me to sign up for a credit card; it just makes me never want to eat in a restaurant again.
M. Night Shyamalan's AmEx ad
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- Polly Bergen, actress/singer, dies at 84
- Shonda Rhimes vs. 'N.Y. Times' article
- 'Justified' adds Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron