Here’s M. Night Shyamalan’s Oscar-night commercial for American Express, all two minutes of it. Yes, it’s pretty ego-tastic — Night himself (bottom left) seems awfully disturbed by the prospect of having to eat lunch among regular folks, and even the compliment from the waitress who recognizes him as the director of The Sixth Sense comes off as unsettling. But you can’t deny his effectiveness as a creator of creepy, button-pushing images (above left). I’m still not sure how this is supposed to get me to sign up for a credit card; it just makes me never want to eat in a restaurant again.
M. Night Shyamalan's AmEx ad
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full seasons
- 'Z Nation' coming back for season 2
- Daniele Watts faces lewd conduct charge
- 'The Room' actors in a mockumentary?
- Tracy Spiridakos checks into 'Bates Motel'
- Tatiana Maslany to make N.Y. stage debut
- MTV orders 10 more 'Faking It' episodes
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape