Here’s M. Night Shyamalan’s Oscar-night commercial for American Express, all two minutes of it. Yes, it’s pretty ego-tastic — Night himself (bottom left) seems awfully disturbed by the prospect of having to eat lunch among regular folks, and even the compliment from the waitress who recognizes him as the director of The Sixth Sense comes off as unsettling. But you can’t deny his effectiveness as a creator of creepy, button-pushing images (above left). I’m still not sure how this is supposed to get me to sign up for a credit card; it just makes me never want to eat in a restaurant again.
M. Night Shyamalan's AmEx ad
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- 'Insurgent' music gig to Joseph Trapanese
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend