Here’s M. Night Shyamalan’s Oscar-night commercial for American Express, all two minutes of it. Yes, it’s pretty ego-tastic — Night himself (bottom left) seems awfully disturbed by the prospect of having to eat lunch among regular folks, and even the compliment from the waitress who recognizes him as the director of The Sixth Sense comes off as unsettling. But you can’t deny his effectiveness as a creator of creepy, button-pushing images (above left). I’m still not sure how this is supposed to get me to sign up for a credit card; it just makes me never want to eat in a restaurant again.
M. Night Shyamalan's AmEx ad
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- Diddy offers $200M for Fuse: Report
- '12 Years a Slave': Post-Oscar $$ bump
- Justin Bieber: Surprise SXSW performance
- Lindsay Lohan: Modest ratings for OWN
- 'Tom & Jerry,' 'Scooby-Doo': New 'toons
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Summer return on...
- Elisabeth Moss: Shirtless/revealing talk