There have been a lot of reports on the Web and in print over the last few days saying it’s a done deal that Showtime is rescuing Arrested Development from its abandonment by Fox. TVtattle, however, directs us to this statement made yesterday by a Showtime spokesperson, telling the Cleveland Plain Dealer it’s not true, and that negotiations are still continuing for the premium cable channel to pick up the sitcom. Cross your fingers, Bluth fans, and hope that the unconfirmed reports of 26 new AD episodes come to pass.
Rumor Control: 'Arrested Development' on Showtime
- 'Into the Woods' names not changing: Disney
- 'Supergirl' series finds a home at CBS
- 'Doctor Who' invites Nick Frost over for Xmas
- Caleb's 'Big Brother' Q&A: 'I would have won'
- 'Fashion Police' will return in 2015: E!
- 'Deadpool' movie set for February 2016
- Angelina Jolie to direct Richard Leakey biopic
- 'Agents of SHIELD' brings back 'Donnie Gill'
- GWAR welcomes new vocalist Vulvatron
- '7th Heaven' cast reunites (minus Ruthie)