There have been a lot of reports on the Web and in print over the last few days saying it’s a done deal that Showtime is rescuing Arrested Development from its abandonment by Fox. TVtattle, however, directs us to this statement made yesterday by a Showtime spokesperson, telling the Cleveland Plain Dealer it’s not true, and that negotiations are still continuing for the premium cable channel to pick up the sitcom. Cross your fingers, Bluth fans, and hope that the unconfirmed reports of 26 new AD episodes come to pass.
Rumor Control: 'Arrested Development' on Showtime
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- Bill Cosby: Two more women step forward
- 'Justified' (Jan. 20), more FX premiere dates
- 'Lemony Snicket' writer apologizes for joke
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere
- Queen Latifah's talk show canceled
- Jon Hamm returning to 'Parks and Recreation'
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review