After more than 25 years on the scene, U2 have discovered hip-hop. So says Bono, in an interview with the Associated Press, in which he cops to being a Kanye West fan and says there may be some hip-hop flava on the next U2 album. Even if not, he says, the next disc will have to be experimental and exploratory because otherwise, why bother. ”We don’t need the cash,” he helpfully points out. The singer also says he’s too lazy to record a solo album, and that his bandmates still grumble that he spends so much time ”hanging out with really uncool politicians.” Yeah, dude, but all the politicians who hang out with you become cool by proxy — that’s why they hang out with you, isn’t it?
Jan 26 2006 07:55 PM ET
Yo! U2 raps!
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office': 15 best episodes
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June