After more than 25 years on the scene, U2 have discovered hip-hop. So says Bono, in an interview with the Associated Press, in which he cops to being a Kanye West fan and says there may be some hip-hop flava on the next U2 album. Even if not, he says, the next disc will have to be experimental and exploratory because otherwise, why bother. ”We don’t need the cash,” he helpfully points out. The singer also says he’s too lazy to record a solo album, and that his bandmates still grumble that he spends so much time ”hanging out with really uncool politicians.” Yeah, dude, but all the politicians who hang out with you become cool by proxy — that’s why they hang out with you, isn’t it?
Yo! U2 raps!
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 champ is...
- 'The Voice': Two eliminated singers are...
- 'Insurgent' music gig to Joseph Trapanese
- Joel McHale's 'Comments Section' pilot at E!
- 'Birdman' gets six Indie Spirit Award noms
- 'Hart of Dixie' return moved up to Dec. 15
- Bill Cosby biographer tweets: 'I was wrong'
- George Eads exiting 'CSI'
- 'Oz' Cowardly Lion costume sells for $3M
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend