It’s not exactly a fresh insight to point out (or snicker at) the homoerotic subtext behind the testosterone of Top Gun (Quentin Tarantino did it best in his hilarious deconstruction of the film in a monologue from 1994’s Sleep With Me), but this faux trailer for Top Gun 2: Brokeback Squadron makes the joke come alive visually. Besides, Brokeback Mountain jokes are trendy!
The inevitable 'Brokeback'/'Top Gun' spoof
- 'Manhattan Love Story' canceled by ABC
- 'Ouija' is Friday's No. 1 movie: $8.3M
- Jack Bruce, bassist for Cream, dies at 71
- Rainn Wilson's Vine series: Curtis Lepore out
- 'Constantine' off to modest start in ratings
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Billy Boyd song for next 'Hobbit' end-credits
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'