Move over, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Heath Ledger. This year’s most notorious feat of Method acting was Steve Carell getting his thicket of chest hair waxed for real on camera in The 40 Year-Old Virgin (out on DVD today). Now, Miki Mia (at right), the actress and professional waxer who made Carell scream, explains what went on behind the scenes, in an interview with the Associated Press. Sample quote about her grooming specialty: ”It might look painful, but when you have some problems or stress, it’s a great thing to do. You forget about everything and concentrate on one pain.” Yikes! Or as Carell would say: ”K-Kelly Clarkson!”
'40 Year-Old Virgin"s hair-yanker tells all
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- Megan Fox: 'Turtles' nixed 'girl power'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Veronica Mars' fans win mtvU honors
- Mark Hamill talks 'Star Wars' at BBC
- 'Legend of Korra' to move online
- 'Pornstache' not returning to 'OITNB'?
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans