Move over, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Heath Ledger. This year’s most notorious feat of Method acting was Steve Carell getting his thicket of chest hair waxed for real on camera in The 40 Year-Old Virgin (out on DVD today). Now, Miki Mia (at right), the actress and professional waxer who made Carell scream, explains what went on behind the scenes, in an interview with the Associated Press. Sample quote about her grooming specialty: ”It might look painful, but when you have some problems or stress, it’s a great thing to do. You forget about everything and concentrate on one pain.” Yikes! Or as Carell would say: ”K-Kelly Clarkson!”
'40 Year-Old Virgin"s hair-yanker tells all
- 'New Girl' returns sexier, but loses viewers
- National Book Awards nonfiction longlist
- Tom Hiddleston to star in 'Skull Island'
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- 'DWTS': First eliminated dancer is...
- 'Project Runway All Stars' designers are...
- 'View' premiere: Best ratings in 8 years
- 'MasterChef' season 5 winner is...
- 'Arrow': Nick Tarabay as Captain Boomerang
- Skyler Samuels joins 'AHS: Freak Show' cast